Melville Park Minutes|
May 9, 2007
- Meeting Called to Order at 7:05 by B.Bryant, Chairman
B.Bryant tendered his resignation.
E.Rizy; Vice Chairman conducted the meeting.
- The following members were present E.Rizy, G.Kinnunen, A.Conti,
L.Bryant, P.Botelho, T.Gray, & Eugene Love. Pat Higgins came in later.
- Karen Gleason attended as our new Town Council's Liaison to Melville Park.
- Minutes: Tabled to Next Meeting....... Committee Consensus .... unanimous
- Old Business & Ponds:
- E.Rizy: following up from the DEM "Riparian Buffer Restoration
Workshop" (3/29/07 ) contacted Mike Kenyon ...USDA PROGRAMS ...
about possible programs to restore water ways. Dept. busy until 6/15 but
will call & arrange a walk thru that would visit every Melville pond.
Mentioned was a possible 75 per cent matching fund availability
- A Riparian Buffer would help silt reduction.
- Ed spoke to Matt Largess ( Tree Warden ) about MP & Matt is interested
in a walk thru.
- Bittersweet is a huge problem at the end of May/June.
- A.Conti asked if Sea Bees could be of help in any of the proposed projects.
- E.Rizy asked where the silt would go if removed from ponds.
- Finalize Events for National Trail Day:
- Remain the same as listed in April's Minutes with the following additions:
- Goal: to clear trails.
- P.Botelho noted that trail markers need to be finished.
- Hand out informative fliers.
- T.Gray noted that the Yellow Trail is in good condition.
Orange Trail markers are not clear.
- Concentrate on Blue Trail for cutting.
- E.Rizy will assess the need for mulch.
Ed received a call from Scouts interested in projects.
Suggested pipes installed for drainage & covered with mulch.
Will get back to Committee with a presentation.
- G.Kinnunen reviewed the Presentation that she attended in Fall 06
sponsored by the Narragansett Bay Coyote Study & presented by
Numi Mitchell, lead scientist with the study.
Grace asked that the MP Committee allow her to contact Numi and
make arrangements for MP Committee to sponsor a presentation.
- Motion Allowing G.Kinnunen to Arrange the Coyote Presentation.
- E.Rizy ... A.Conti....2nd ...... unanimous
- Discuss Model for Mission Statement:
- Discussion based on E.Rizy's document " Mission Statement "
followed distribution of document. Refer back to this valuable
document for specific details
- A.Conti reported $1,100 in the yard sale account & $5,000 in regular account.
- No grants prepared at this time.
- T.Gray will look into the MP Brochure project.
His newly created MP letterhead will now be used for MP business.
Our appreciation & approval of this beautifull letterhead was unanimous! !
Thurston will look into the MP Web Site & see if any changes are needed.
- An election is needed to name a new MP Chairperson.
E.Rizy will prepare June's Agenda.
- Motion to Adjourn. ... E.Love... 2nd ....E.Rizy....... 8:45
***** Next Meeting ....June 13,2007 ....... Town Hall*****