Melville Park Minutes|
- Meeting Called to Order at 7:00 by B.Bryant, Chairperson
- The following members were present: B.Bryant, E.Rizy, G.Kinnunen,
L.Bryant, R.Harmon, P.Botelho, & T.Gray.
- The following members had an excused absence: A.Conti, & P.Higgins.
- Karen Gleason attended as our new Town Council's Liaison to Melville Park.
Eugene Love was also in attendance .
- Minutes: G.Kinnunen presented the 12/13/06 minutes.
- Motion to Approve: B.Bryant ... 2nd ... E.Rizy ... unanimous
Minutes: G.Kinnunen presented the 2/7/07 minutes.
Tabled until April for further corrections ..... agreed unanimously
- Current Committee & Sub Committee Members:
- Motion to abolish existing sub committee structure and substitute Ad Hoc
Committees when needed.
- E.Rizy... 2nd T.Gray ................ unanimous
- Annual Report:
B.Bryant distributed copies of the report that he had written &
asked that members e mail him as to any changes needed.
- Proposed Projects:
- E.Rizy suggested we study our proposal list regarding handicap access.
- B.Bryant noted "Shake a Leg" has motorized model boat pond activities.
- G.Kinnunen noted that many of our listed "to do" projects are completed.
- E.Rizy noted that a grant is needed to facilitate the solution of water
going down Mott Farm Road ... creating usage difficulty. The water will
always be flowing down to the river .... we need to control/direct it.
Also noted is that Kings Grant run off can and has been a concern.
- B.Bryant noted that this could possibly be a Sea Bee project.
- Motion: for B.Bryant to speak to B.Driscoll as to what steps we
need to take to remedy the drainage problems on Mott Farm Road.
- E.Rizy ... 2nd P.Botelho..... unanimous
- Old Business:
- Peter Casson owner of Eastern Mountain Sports has asked the
Melville Park Committee if he could be allowed to use the upper pond
for Kayak demonstrations.
Also proposing to erect a 10x10 shed to store gear needed for this activity.
Also proposed having a rack to store/lock the kayaks up until used again.
Other details yet to be heard & explored are fees .... possible Town
earnings and use of the ponds & effects of such use.
- Motion: to request Peter Casson appear at 4/12/07 meeting to
discuss his kayak proposal with the MP Committee.
L.Bryant ...... 2nd .... P.Botelho ...... unanimous
- Projects for 2007:
- B.Bryant noted that the gate leading to the lower road is Smith Road.
He contacted Greg at D&D Fence & he will come out when ground
is right for installation. It will be a barrier gate, not an electric one
operated from the campground as suggested earlier.
- E.Rizy noted that he found all 9 ponds and they all are in need of
work .. .#5 pond is in need of silt removal & would be a good 1Sf
pond project. B.Bryant asked to go to all 9 ponds to ID them.
- B.Bryant distributed a print out of MP accounts (3) provided to him
by A.Conti ( Treasurer ).
- It was noted that a figure in the Yard Sale account may need to be moved
from a debit to a credit .... B.Bryant will check with Finance.
- A.Conti will continue to receive MP account information from Finance
for distribution at the MP meetings.
- G.Kinnunen asked that a print out of all MP expenses also be included.
- B.Bryant asked Amy Rice if any grants might be available to Melville Park.
Amy was not aware of any ... B.Bryant will continue to search the web.
- E.Rizy spoke with DEM and was told that no firnds are available.
He noted that it is crucial to know the deadlines for grant proposals.
- Karen Gleason ( T.C . Liaison ) has e-mailed Congressman Kennedy for info.
There may be state funds for recreational use.
- T.Gray noted that the trails cleanups would be a good service project.
- Discussion followed as to how to interest possible volunteers for projects.
- It was unanimously agreed that the committee accept Eugene Love's
assistance in developing a master plan for our present ... and
future projects .... as well as plans for implementing such plans.
(ED. note) This entry is incorrect. The issue was tabled.
- Trail Discussion was tabled until next meeting.
- Motion to Adjourn ... E.Rizy ....... 2nd .... P.Botelho ...... 9:15
- Next Meeting ....April 11, 2007 .....Town Hall