| Minutes of Melville Park Committe |
Date: April 14, 2010
Attendance: E. Rizy , J. Richard, J. Emerson, D.Sly, T. Gray, L. Lesinski,
K.Hamilton, J. Plumb
Excused Absence: G. Kinnunen, J.Reed
Absence:G. Steeley, P. Higgins, P. Botelho
Minutes: no changes, previous meeting accepted, motion J. Richard, 2nd G.Williams
Finance: balance $12,196
Scout Projects: potential projects…erosion near boardwalk, new dock on south side of
Pond 1, E. Schwarz project on yellow trail nearing completion.
Park Signing: need still exists for a sign for the lower parking lot
Action Item: J.Richard and T. Gray to move sign to Sullivan and Smith Road
Gates: Bids Received, Motion to accept D&D proposal with suggested addendum, J. Richard, 2nd J.Emerson
ACTION ITEMS: G. Williams to contact D&D Fence to discuss have removal of old gates included in price and use 2 inch pipe to reduce cost.
Trail Status: Trails basically in good shape in spite of recent flooding, significant erosion on Mott Farm Road. T. Gray needs assistance to mark the new Orange trail, he will contact committee members by Email for assistance when ready to do this.
Fishing Issues: Lower Pond not stocked due to failure of communication between Fisheries Dept and Navy gate-keepers.
Action Item: J.Richard to be sure that stocking takes place in the Fall. J. Plumb, as a member of the Aquidneck Island Fishing club agreed to assist.
Budget: Submitted to Town Council
Pond 8 Project: E. Rizy has contacted Roger Williams University about potential for a graduate engineering student to determine which permits may be needed to clear sediment.
Annual Report for Council: submitted to Town Council and placed on file
Membership Roll Cleanup: Town secretary to contact P. Botelho and P. Higgins about removal from committee.
Dam Clearance and Wood Chipper:
Action Item: E. Rizy to contact day laborer for potential cost to have work done
Council Representation: welcome to our new Council representatives J. Plumb and K. Hamilton
Action Item: K. Hamilton agreed to contact T. Dolen regarding potential movement of fence along tank farm 1-2 to enable access for fish stocking and emergency access. He will also contact Public Works for assistance with securing the Dock on Pond 1, the need for a directional Parking lot sign for the lower lot and address drainage issues at the junction of Smith and Bayview Avenues
Adjourn at 8:15 PM. Motion J. Richard, 2nd G. Williams
Next Meeting: May 12, 2010 7 PM Town Hall